The long-term vision is to create a sustainable education and training to improve recruitment, skills and staff retention in Scotland, and consequently help the sport flourish and grow in Scotland.
The work of the SRA will also benefit people across Britain who will have the opportunity to access education and training in Scotland. It will also benefit the industry more broadly, with Scotland playing its part in attracting, developing and retaining racing staff.
Ethos and Values
The Scottish Racing Academy sees itself as:
- Caring and respecting people’s individuality
- Promoting people’s individual learning styles
- Enabling and empowering people to consider working with horses within Scottish horseracing
- Valuing all learner and employer contributions to the provision
- Demonstrating how enjoyable and fulfilling a career in horseracing can be
- Independent of statutory services
- Seeking and gaining the respect of professional colleagues
- Working collaboratively
- Open, transparent and communicative
- Knowledgeable, with a ‘can-do’ approach to problem solving
- Committed to safeguarding individuals